The five jobs that will be on the rise in 2019
The world of work has a future. While some, like multi billionaire American Elon Musk, believe that AI will permanently destroy the world of work, many signs – trends, figures, studies – demonstrate the opposite. The future is not a job graveyard. On the contrary: a report from Dell and the “Institute for the Future”, think tank Californian estimates that 85% of the jobs that will exist in 2030 do not even exist today. Better still, another study taken a few weeks ago in Le Figaro predicts that AI will create … 21 million jobs.
Gradually, many new jobs are starting to emerge under the impetus of new technologies. MIT has already isolated five emerging businesses that will be increasingly represented in 2019 and in the years to come.
• Technician in renewable energy. The energy transition is one of the challenges of tomorrow. To develop and ramp up renewable energies, new specialized technicians should massively appear on the job market: specialists in photovoltaic solar panels or wind turbines, the MIT believes that these jobs will experience a boom during the decade to come up. We are only at the beginning.
• Coach of robots. This is inevitable, robots will occupy a large part of the jobs in the years to come. So you have to work with them and the managers. This is why companies will hire specialized engineers whose activity will be to create and manage artificial intelligence. The latter are indeed able to solve very complex problems in record time, but they are not autonomous.
• Engineer in AI. This profile is the developer of tomorrow in terms of demand and scarcity. The engineer specialized in artificial intelligences is worth gold on the job market and companies are already tearing them away. Naturally, wages are up to par, averaging about $ 300,000 annually in the United States – about $ 250,000 – and the highest paid can achieve seven-figure pay … DeepMind, Google, Airbnb, JPMorgan or Intel even launched in December a call to seduce talent.
• Video game videographer. This is an emerging market for streaming video games: players want to watch more experienced players than they play live. On Twitch for example, more than 15 million users watch other players! Nearly 25,000 players have made this activity their job.
• Caregiver. If surgery and other activities in the medical sector are going to be affected by artificial intelligence, medical care requires proximity, expertise that only humans can have. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the aging of the population will create hundreds of thousands of jobs: between 426,000 and 754,000 over the next ten years.